Monday, August 6, 2012

All In

documentary

Hagiographic attempt to elevate poker to the heights of human achievement and a modern-day emblem of the essence of America. You know...risk-taking and all that...

I was with this for a while...it was fast-paced and informative about a topic I knew nothing about...and I enjoyed Rounders. But soon the reality of overweight, under-exercised bozos from middle America sitting for hours drinking whiskey, smoking cigars and trying to scam each other out of money none of them has earned became repulsive. I suppose it's nice that some people enjoy this activity but this film tried much too hard to make more of it than it is. And it's really hard for me to ignore the slime element many of these people exude.

Interesting for a while.

5

No comments:

Post a Comment