Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Second Coming

England   Idris Elba

A married social worker discovers she is pregnant but because of multiple miscarriages she hasn't had sex with her husband or anyone else for a long time. So...what's going on?

Well, there's the title for one thing. Plus magical rainstorms when she goes into the bathroom. She not talking...to husband, best friend, anyone.

Most of this info came from IMDB. The film itself was crippled for me by all the actors mumbling their lines with thick British accents which made 80-90% of the film completely unintelligible to me. No subtitles were available on the disc. I could guess sense and general ideas from body language, voice tones, etc. but this was an extremely frustrating viewing experience.

I've seen Elba in other films and heard him interviewed. There's nothing wrong with his diction.  This was deliberate and it didn't work...for me at least.

n/r

No comments:

Post a Comment