Monday, March 30, 2015

Coherence

amerindie

I assume the title was meant to be ironic. The plot line here was anything but. A group of eight friends meet for a dinner party; a comet is passing close to the earth; they slowly discover there are multiple versions of themselves in a nearby house...or houses. Things quickly became very confusing.

Film was definitely intriguing...easily held my interest. But I found the actions and reactions by the characters annoying and ultimately unsatisfying. I tried putting myself and my friends in the same set-up and can't imagine we would act like this group did. They went to theft, aggression and violence...fear, mistrust of the 'others' and each other.

Partially successful, partially aggravating. A mixed bag but a compulsive watch.

6

No comments:

Post a Comment