Sunday, September 2, 2012

Myth of the American Sleepover

amerindie

Slow, quiet film centering on a group of Michigan teens gathering in several houses just before the end of summer. For an hour or so I found this to be so subdued in tone that I never became interested in the characters. Then the various stories we had been following started to jell and not only caught my interest but touched me intellectually and emotionally.

The filmmakers showed a true understanding of teen behavior...the posturing, false starts, the lurching toward adult behavior and scuttling back to kidship typical of real-life teens. Not hollywood. The resolution of the several stories seemed right to me. The players looked and acted like real kids.

Nice film...a pleasant surprise.

6

No comments:

Post a Comment