Friday, June 1, 2012

Shame

Michael Fassbender, Carey Mulligan

This one made me wonder why I do this. Sick, depraved yuppie sort of guy who has a sex obsession and an apparently depraved history with his sister staggers his way from one degrading experience to another...and we get to watch. I suppose there's some value in knowing people like this exist out there but there's all sorts of sordid stuff that goes on that I don't particularly want to watch.

The director here - Steve McQueen - specializes in shoving the audience's face right in it...placing his metaphorical hand on the back of your head and forcing you to watch until he says it's all right to stop. re Hunger. Sorry, pal...this is the last time you do this to me.

I felt sorry that these two fine actors saw fit to beshit themselves for no real benefit. I hope they were well paid at least.

Perfect title...shame on everyone for producing this.

0

No comments:

Post a Comment