Monday, June 6, 2011

Gasland

documentary

Important work about the severe pollution caused by fracking for natural gas in various parts of the US. The information presented here should be known by everyone. The practice endangers health for animals, plants and humans.

Unfortunately the film was the poorest example of amateur filmmaking I've ever seen. Constant zooming, jittery camera work, rapid editing made it unwatchable. After 40 minutes I resorted to turning away from the screen and listening to the soundtrack. I swear if I gave a five year old a camera and told him to make a film he'd come back with something better produced than this.

What is wrong with these people? Do they have so little regard for an audience...even a sympathetic one like me...that they can't present their information in a way that isn't continuously jarring? What's wrong with a stable camera? It seemed ironic to me that this guy is trying to stir our empathy for the victims of fracking while showing no empathy for his audience.

Very irritating.

0

No comments:

Post a Comment