Saturday, August 22, 2009

Moon

Sam Rockwell

I really wanted to like this one. There are too few intelligent sci-fi efforts and I was hoping this would be thought-provoking and mind-expanding. It wasn't. It suffered from Near Dark syndrome for one...the protagonist became sick and as the story went along he got sicker and sicker. We in the audience don't want to identify with a sick lead.

I never really cared about the central mystery. I could see that the characters cared but I was emotionally detached all the way through. When it came the resolution was a lame cliche.

It didn't help that I just saw Aliens again. That film treated the theme of outer space adventure/ scummy corporation so much better than this one.

I thought the miniatures looked like miniatures. One good exterior shot couldn't rescue this one. Too bad.

4

No comments:

Post a Comment